Kids always find it challenging to stay still when they’re in the car. Even adults find long journeys tedious at times, so it’s only natural that kids get tired too! But this restlessness and playfulness in kids is a leading cause of car crash-related deaths worldwide. Luckily, car seats or child safety seats exist, and they’re the best way to keep your children protected from accidents. There are many types of ClickTight car seats. Still, the three most popular are the Britax Boulevard, Britax Advocate, and the Britax Marathon. So let’s compare Britax Advocate vs Boulevard vs Marathon and see which one would be the most suitable for you!
Britax Marathon ClickTight
On the more pocket-friendly end of the spectrum, we have the Britax Marathon, an excellent choice for a car seat.
- Like the Britax Advocate and Britax Boulevard, the Britax Marathon also has 7-reclining positions to fit your growing child.
- In addition, there is impact protection for the torso, head, and neck, much like other car seats, so your child is safe from all angles.
- A rear-facing installation also characterizes it much like the Britax Boulevard and Britax Advocate.
- It also features 14 settings that can be modified based on the child’s height.
- It has the same Click-Tight installation process that ensures an audible click to know that the seat is adjusted correctly.
- V-shaped straps (with double stitching) are also included.
- The double stitching absorbs the frontward motion of the child seat, preventing your child from experiencing impact. In addition, the car seat’s base has been developed to act as a shock absorber in so many ways. It also has a steel frame that is less prone to break or move in the event of an accident.
- The Britax Marathon lacks good padding, though. So if you want something more comfortable and ultra-padded for your children, then the Marathon is not the one for them. However, by many, this is considered sufficient padding at this low price.
The hard surfaces of this Car Seat are easy to clean since they are easily accessible.
What Age is the Britax Marathon for?
The answer to the question what age is the Britax Marathon for will depend mainly on your child’s weight and height. For the rear-facing installation, your child’s weight should be between 5-40 lbs (2.3-18 kg), while for the forward-facing installation, it should be between 22-65 lbs (10-29.4 kg). Your child’s height shouldn’t exceed 49″ (124,46 cm) for both positions.
Does the Britax Marathon Recline?
Which is Better Britax Marathon vs Boulevard?
Which is better, Britax Marathon vs Boulevard, will depend on two main factors: your budget and the desired level of protection. Britax Marathon is slightly less expensive but has only one layer of side impact protection vs Britax Boulevard has two layers of protection.
How Long Does a Britax Marathon Last?
Are you wondering how long a Britax Marathon last? Well, it depends on when it has been manufactured. Britax ClickTight Convertible car seats manufactured in June 2010 or after have a useable life of 10 years, so Britax Marathon car seats should be good for 10 years after the date of manufacture if they are manufactured after June 2010. However, please always consult the user guide to confirm the exact expiration date for your Britax Marathon model.
Britax Marathon ClickTight : Pros and Cons
Occasionally, Britax Marathon car seats go on promotion. To find the best deals, you can compare their prices here :
Britax Advocate ClickTight
If you’re wondering why this car seat model by Britax is on our top three, the main reason is its easy installation. When you’re in a rush, can you afford to spend hours setting up the car seat for your child? No! Luckily, the Britax Advocate car seat makes installation super easy. It’s just like wearing a seatbelt!
- A harness indicator on the Britax Advocate makes a clicking sound to ensure that the seat has been installed correctly. The click is a signal that the seat has been installed correctly.
- The SafeCell technology helps to absorb crash energy in case of an accident.
- If you’re worried that your child might outgrow the car seat and you’ll have to buy a new one Britax Advocate seat can be adjusted to fit your children as they grow.
- The high-strength steel frame help to keep the child stable, so the seat doesn’t sway as the car moves.
- Another advantage is that the Britax Advocate cover is removable and can easily be cleaned.
- It contains a V-shaped tethering to prevent seat movement.
- The Britax Advocate car seat can be used rear-facing for children weighing up to 40 pounds and forward-facing for children weighing up to 65 pounds with a standing height of 49 inches or less.
- The Britax Advocate Car Seat features three robust security mechanisms: a deep foam-lined shell, side cushions, and head protection. Superb comfort for your children is ensured by plush foam padding, fabric, and seven recline settings.
- The 14-position harness to adjust as your child grows for a better fit. You can also modify the seat’s elevation with a single button press; no rethreading is required!
Is Britax Advocate Safe?
Indeed, Britax Advocate is a very safe car seat offering. It has 3 layers of side impact protection with an energy-absorbing shell, foam-lined headrest, and external cushions that are meant to protect your child’s head, neck, and torso.
In addition, Britax Advocate has SafeCell Technology that acts as a crumple zone, absorbing crash energy to help keep it away from your child.
Britax Advocate’s high-strength steel frame reinforces the seat structure to stabilize it.
Britax Advocate also has a V-Shaped Tether with staged-release stitches which helps to slow and reduce forward movement in the case of a crash.
All of those features make Britax Advocate a pretty safe car seat.
Is Britax Advocate Worth It?
Britax Advocate seems to be worth it if we judge by the positive reviews left on Amazon. By the time I wrote this article, Britax Advocate had 662 reviews on Amazon, of which 94% were positive (87% of 5 stars and 7% 4 stars reviews). This is not a surprise considering all the Britax Advocate’s security, comfort, and installation features.
How Long is the Britax Advocate Good For?
You are wondering how long is the Britax Advocate good for?
The expiration date may vary depending on the model. Britax ClickTight Convertible car seats manufactured in June 2010 or after have a useable life of 10 years, so Britax Advocate car seats are good for 10 years after the date of manufacture if they are manufactured after June 2010. It’s recommended, though, always to consult the user guide to confirm the exact expiration date for your Britax Advocate model.
What is the Weight Limit for Britax Advocate?
The weight limit for Britax Advocate depends on the installation position. For the rear-facing installation, your child’s weight should be between 5-40 lbs (2.3-18 kg), while for the forward-facing installation, it should be between 20-65 lbs (9,1-29.4 kg).
Britax Advocate ClickTight : Pros and Cons
Here and there, Britax Advocate car seats go on promotion. To find the best offers, you can compare their prices here:
Britax Boulevard ClickTight
Yet another one of our favorite car seats has got to be the Britax Boulevard.
- As Britax Advocate and Britax Marathon, Britax Boulevard also features ClickTight technology that allows you to know if the seat is adjusted and installed correctly.
- It has two layers of protection.
- The Britax Boulevard car seat is effortless to install, making it relatively more user-friendly and perhaps even safer than other difficult-to-install ones. Indeed, proper installation is essential in preventing severe injuries in accidents. Unfortunately, many people fail to install the seat correctly and have to deal with a lot of suffering later. Luckily, this one is easy to install in three simple steps.
- The insanely high-quality, comfortable design is one of the prime reasons for investing in such a great car seat.
- The LATCH belt is simple to tighten and release. The reclining modification lever is placed near the seat’s bottom.
- For shock absorption, the Britax Boulevard employs a crumple zone and a high-quality steel frame so that your child remains safe.
- There is double protection near the neck, torso, and head area to absorb maximum impact to the sides.
- Thanks to the V-shaped tether, movements during a crash will be slow and far more reduced.
How Many Years is Britax Boulevard Good for?
You are wondering how many years is Britax Boulevard good for?
Britax Boulevard car seats are good for 10 years after the date of manufacture if they are manufactured after June 2010. Your user guide though is the best reference to confirm the exact expiration date for your Britax Boulevard model.
Can You Use Britax Boulevard for Newborn?
Yes, Britax Boulevard can be used for a newborn if your little one meets the minimum weight capacity requirement of 5 pounds. Usually, Britax Boulevard models include an infant insert, making it secure for most newborns. In all cases, make sure that your child meets the weight criteria.
What Are the Cons of Britax Boulevard?
One of the biggest cons of Britax Boulevard is its price. It is the most expensive of the 3 models.
Another inconvenience of Britax Boulevard is that it is slightly heavier than Britax Marathon.
Britax Boulevard ClickTight : Pros and Cons
Sometimes, Britax Boulevard car seats go on promotion. To find the best deals, you can compare their price here:
What Are The Similarities Between Britax Advocate vs Boulevard vs Marathon?
- They all have ClickTight installation.
- They all have seven reclining positions.
- They all have 14 no-rethread harness positions.
- They all have the same weight capacity of 65 lbs for forward-facing and up to 40 pounds for rear-facing.
- They all have rear-facing installation methods.
- They all have forward-facing installation methods.
- They all include a V-shaped Tether.
What Is The Difference Between Britax Advocate vs Boulevard vs Marathon
Of course, there are some differences between Britax Advocate vs Boulevard vs Marathon. In addition, some features have been omitted since they are designed differently for different price ranges. Let’s discuss all these differences one by one.
The Britax Advocate wins in terms of layers of side impact protection. It offers three layers of side impact protection for maximum protection, while the Boulevard offers only two layers. And then, the Marathon offers only one layer of side impact protection. So that is one significant difference!
The Britax Marathon is more affordable than the Advocate and Boulevard. Perhaps that’s why it only offers one layer of side impact protection. Please note that the Boulevard is the most expensive, even though it provides only two layers of side protection. In comparison, the Advocate lies in the middle even though it has three layers of side protection.
The third significant difference between Britax Advocate vs Boulevard vs Marathon is the comfort level in terms of padding. The Britax Marathon has little padding, making it the most uncomfortable of the three. The Advocate has more padding than the Marathon but lesser padding than the Boulevard. The Britax Boulevard offers the highest level of padding and lots of comfort!
Britax Advocate vs Boulevard vs Marathon – Which One Is The Best?
Depending on what you’re looking for, the best model will differentiate.
Looking for the most comfortable car seat?
If you want the best of the best in terms of comfort, pick Britax Boulevard.
Looking for a budget-friendly car seat?
Then compromise on comfort and max side-impact absorption and pick the Britax Marathon.
Something in between the two?
The Britax Advocate is your guy!
You may also be interested in reading the following articles: